Organic farming is a modern farming system that produces high quality and healthy organic food without the use of synthetic pesticides, fertilisers, and other chemicals, and without cruelty to animals. At the same time, it contributes to maintaining a balanced cultivated landscape and creates the conditions for rural prosperity.
The main objectives of organic farming are:
- producing food in sufficient quantities with high nutritional value;
- eliminating possible forms of soil, water, and air pollution from agricultural activities;
- maintaining and improving long-term soil fertility;
- creating conditions corresponding to the natural needs and ethical principles of livestock farming;
- closing the cultivation and breeding system, minimising losses, and making the maximum possible use of local resources and raw materials;
- creating trust between producer and consumer by encouraging direct supply of produce to the domestic market;
- enabling the economic and social development of farmers and their families, promoting employment in the region.